Here are six excellent tips that will help you prepare your house for sale.
Most people want to get the most amount of money for their home when they sell. In fact, I recently listed my own house for sale, so I just went through the home preparation process. Today I have a few tips for how to get the most money and best terms from your sale.
1. Identify the target buyer. Will they likely be a single person, a couple, or a family? This helps you know how to best prep your property for incoming buyers.
2. Declutter. Either throw away or donate unneeded items. Create as much space as possible, so get rid of anything you aren’t currently using to maximize the space.
3. Paint. Paint goes a long way. You can do minor touch-ups or an extensive paint job to match current trends.
4. Fresh flowers. If you’re selling a single-family home, plant fresh flowers around the exterior of the house. You can hire a landscaper or do it yourself. Turn the flowerbeds over or get fresh mulch and rake the leaves. Everyone loves flowers, so give buyers a great first impression of your property.
5. Clean windows. This is one of my personal pet peeves; dirty windows give a negative impression. Clean all windows both inside and outside.
6. Deep clean. Right before you hire a photographer or list the home, deep clean the entire house. You can do this yourself or hire a cleaner.
Bonus Tip: Make sure your toilet seats are down in the bathrooms. Again, neglecting this gives an unfavorable impression to buyers.
These tips will help you get multiple offers for your property. If you have any questions about the market or selling your home, please reach out to me via phone or email. I would love to help you.